Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 12:
We started week 12 on Friday, January 13th. I finally have not had to have my head stuck in a toilet for days now. I still have some rounds of nausea that I deal with, but nothing like I was before. I finally am able to eat full meals and enjoy the food that I do eat. I am still not showing, and I am curious as to when it will happen. So many people expect belly shots, but I just don’t have anything showing. It is the weirdest thing too, because I just keep expecting to wake up and BAM having this belly be there.
But, having a bigger frame and extra “padding” in front from previous pregnancies, I think I have MUCH more room than normal woman for the babies to grow, therefore, they aren’t showing like they would on other women. I haven’t been able to feel anything as of yet either. A couple of times I thought maybe, but then it always ended up just being my insides doing their normal thing.
This week has been VERY uneventful. It is amazing how well I finally feel, and I am getting to the point of really starting to enjoy being pregnant!!!
And another huge milestone this week---week 12 is the official 3rd month!!! 



Here is some info on week 12:


By 12 weeks your twins will have grown to 3 inches/ 7.5 centimetres long each and will be fully formed.

Their faces are beginning to look more human. Their eyes, which started out on the sides of the head, have moved closer together. Their ears are almost in their normal position on the side of the head. Their livers are making bile and the kidneys are producing urine which ends up in the amniotic fluid via their bladders. Fetal urine makes most of the amniotic fluid during the second half of pregnancy. Amniotic fluid is essential for the development of your twins' internal organs and limbs.

Your twins will squirm if your abdomen is prodded, although you cannot yet feel movement. Fetal nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly and synapses (neurological connections in the brain) are forming. Your twins will gradually acquire more reflexes: touching the palms makes the fingers close, touching the soles of the feet makes the toes curl down and touching the eyelids makes the eye muscles clench.

No comments:

Post a Comment