Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week 30

We started week 30 on Friday, May 18th, 2012. This is our first official day on bed rest. I am no longer going to be waking up every morning for work, which is very weird. I did still have to get up this morning as it was the kids' last day of school and I had to go into work to talk to them regarding the bed rest. I don't feel as though they are supportive of the situation like I thought they might be. But I guess it is hard to be understanding when I am going through all of this and don't have babies at the end as "reward". But in my eyes, this is MUCH more rewarding.

Here is a belly shot of week 30:


We had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday the 24th. The appointment with the doctor went fine. Baby A heartbeat was 145 and Baby B was 150. She said I looked good. My blood pressure was a bit on the higher side again, not near what it was last week, but she wanted me to go in for a Non-stress test. This is where they hook you up to all the monitors and watch the babies movements and their heart rates to make sure that they are not under any type of stress. The entire process takes an hour. So Ryan and I had to go across the street, back into the hospital, where they hooked me up to the monitors. We sat for an hour while they did everything. She said they looked amazing and she couldn't be happier with how they are doing. She said right now every week is very important in keeping them in, so she wants to do these non-stress tests as much as possible, every 3-4 days to make sure that nothing will change. So on Tuesday before my appointment with the other doctor for the baby scans, I have to go back and do another one of these non-stress tests. We did talk about the situation with me living an hour away and it being difficult to just drive up for that, as an hour appointment turns into 3 hours total for me with the drive. So she said she was fine with doing the test once a week when I come for my weekly appointments. So other than that, she said everything looked great. And I go back on Tuesday for my big scans of the twins to see how they are growing.



Here is some info on week 30:

Mother:

Your posture is still very important to your comfort. Maintaining a good posture is a good way to decrease the strain on your body as your center of gravity continues to change.
One of the things that you can do to help maintain your energy levels and to increase your stamina for the birth is to exercise. It is important not to over do it, especially if you have not been exercising prior to this week. Try taking walks or swimming short distances. Getting out and stretching will help you have feel better and reduce the numbers of pregnancy related complaints.

Baby:

Baby is very aware of the surroundings. We tend to think of the uterus as a dark place, but it can be light and dark depending on the mother's environment. You may be able to distinguish sleep and wake cycles in your baby. Although it usually seems as if the baby wants to sleep while you are awake and vice versa at night.
If you are having Braxton Hicks Contractions use them to practice what you've learned in childbirth class, and know that they are a sign that your body is getting ready for labor.
Baby weighs a whopping 3 pounds (1.36 kilograms)! S/he measures about 14.8 inches (37.5 cms) in length.

No comments:

Post a Comment