Thursday, October 18, 2012

They are now Dads!

The moment I had been waiting for the entire journey finally arrived. The moment when father meets sons. It was just as perfect as I had wanted it to be.  Well, to be honest, I wanted them there to see their sons take their first breath, but sometimes, life doesn't always give you what you want.

I knew that daddy R was coming in a day earlier that daddy E.  So when I knew he was almost to the hospital, I asked the nurse to bring both boys in. I positioned them perfectly on my lap, so that both of their heads rested on my belly...and when he came into the room, they were the first things he got to see. Of course, he gave me a huge hug and kiss and at that moment he was speechless.  He stood there, and I looked at him and said, well are you going to pick them up? They are yours!!! LOL

So he picked his son up for the first time and held him so close, and loved on him for what seemed like hours. Daddy E's mother was also there and got to pick up the other twin and hold her grandson for the first time. That moment was amazing. That moment nobody will ever take from me. That moment is the reason I became a surrogate.

I had my camera out. But honestly, I didn't take any pictures of the moment. I just wanted to BE there, cherishing it in real time. I didn't want to look back and only have photographs to look at and say oh look how awesome it was. I wanted to remember the feelings, the emotions, the heart and soul in that moment.

I did take one picture, and that was before daddy R arrived. And that was them on my belly waiting for their daddy. They both were sleeping little angels.  And I finally was able to say---from my belly to your waiting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment